An easy and versatile blueberry cake you’ll want to make over and over again!
I’ve made this cake so often recently, my friends and family must be sick of it. It can as easily be served in the morning with coffee as it can for dessert after dinner. And so, I’ve made it for coffee gatherings and brought it to dinner parties as dessert and have no regrets about any of it.
This cake is pretty dense and is jam-packed with blueberries bursting with the best tastes of summer. Top it with the crispy, sweet streusel, and you can’t go wrong, folks. Add homemade whipped cream, and your life will change.
The best part about this cake is you can make a giant 9″ x 13″ version, or you can divide it into two 8″ x 8″ pans and bake one and freeze the other for later. When you want to eat the frozen one, you bake as you did the thawed version. How easy is that? So easy.
Without further ado….
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well and add sour cream.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, then fold in blueberries with a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Pour into one greased 9" x 13" pan or two greased 8" x 8" pans.
- Mix topping together and sprinkle on top of cake(s).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or cover and freeze until baking. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Happy blueberry cake making!