This is a day that we get to enjoy but once every 4 years. This is an occasion. An occasion not to go unnoticed. And so here I am, noticing it.
February has been a good month. It seems like it was over in a flash. Bring on March (and spring!)
- I am loving my new budget plan. It’s working! I’m tweaking it as I go to better suit my purposes. Most important: I’m sticking to it.
- I made a chocolate cake out of black beans. I attempted another gluten free dessert, but it was something of a flop. And edible flop. But still not blog worthy.
- I finished my taxes! Oh happy day! Done and done for 2011.
- I made pasta sauce. So easy.
- Whittle My Middle. Total fail.
- I crossed 6 recipes off my 101 list. Not bad for a month’s work.
- I’m getting back into running. I found a kick butt class at a local gym that I plan on going to for the foreseeable future. Love it!
February was a pretty good month, but I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that I’m a more than a bit excited about spring. Even though we haven’t really had winter here, I’m ready for it to be done. Normally winter looks like this:
This year, not so much. It’s been quite drab and not snowy at all. Bring on spring! This month, I will:
- Whittle My Middle. 5 days a week. For the 4 full weeks of March.
- More new recipes. Ideas: chicken cacciatore, meatballs, chana masala, kale chips, teriyaki chicken, tomato soup, white chicken chili. We’ll see what actually gets made.
- Finish off my couch to 5k plan, and run a full 3.1 miles. After I finish 3 miles I intend to keep going, with the ultimate goal of 3 miles being a normal weekday run, and 6 miles being doable on the weekends.
- Sign up for a triathlon for the summer.
- Travel! I have plans for a weekend in Iowa and a long weekend in Washington, DC.
I wanna know: What was your favorite part of February? What are you looking forward to in March?