They look pretty. They’re easy to make. They contain bacon. You don’t need any more information than that.
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup (8 oz. container) sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked
- 1 package extra large flour tortillas
- 1 bag spinach, shredded
Let’s do this!
Spinach Bacon Pinwheels
(Adapted from cooks.com)
1. Mix ranch dressing, sour cream, and diced green onions in a small bowl
2. In a separate bowl, toss diced bacon and shredded spinach. The amount of spinach is a bit subjective. I used about 3/4 of one bag.
3. Combine! Spread a layer on a tortilla shell.
4. Roll it up, stick a couple of toothpicks in to hold it together, and place them in a dish to rest. Cover with saran wrap, and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but up to 12.
4. Slice, toothpick, and serve.
We had such a great time this Christmas Eve eating hors d’oeuvres and desserts and opening up presents. Check out this spread!
I noticed that I got some shots of the food that we ate, but none of the people in attendance. I’m so bad about that! I think that will be a 2012 resolution. Take more pictures of people. Consider it so.
So far this Christmas vacation, I have….
…taken a few naps. On the couch. Wrapped in a quilt. The best.
…wrapped presents, watched Elf, and decorated a few Christmas cookies.
…met Emily for breakfast at the Blue Heron. Her most recent post is exquisite.
…gone running. No more cast for this girl. Not only am I walking, I’m running. I have sparkly visions of races in my future.
…finished a knitting project.
…started reading One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. It’s beautiful.
…made some really awesome pizzas with the boyfriend for some really awesome friends. And drank too much wine. It’s Christmas, after all!
…made these (recipe forthcoming):
In short, Christmas has been wonderful so far, and we still have a couple more days to enjoy it!
I wanna know: What have YOU done so far this Christmas? Share a favorite or two!
This is the coolest thing ever. Are you ready?
You will never have to buy green onions again.
Simply take the roots of your green onions and put them in a cup of water. Set them in a well lighted window sill and they’ll grow….Quickly.
If you look closely, you can see the new growth, which took only a few days. I don’t how long they’ll keep growing like this before they die. Surely, they need nutrients, right? I’ll keep you posted on what I find out!
Happy week before Christmas, everyone!